- Intriguing Travel to Newfoundland
- Eco-Culture Experience™ - 10 Days
- Eco-Culture Experience™- 7 Days
- CapeRace Culinary/ Fogo Island Inn- 7 Days
- Eco-Culture Experience™—Province-wide - 13 Days
The True Newfoundland
"... As a way of getting back to his Newfoundland roots, Ken has devised unusual eco-cultural tours for visitors to explore Canada’s youngest province in authentic “choose-your-own-adventure” formats. Tours are unscripted and rely on participants to drive the action. So be forewarned. Adventure is the name of the game here. If you want scheduled activities or five-star hotels, this is not the trip for you. But if you have a natural curiosity, a carefree attitude and a propensity for fun, then giddy-up!..."
Colleen Seto writes about her CapeRace experience in The Review
"... Hi Ken. We are settled in now after our wonderful experience with Cape Race and we would be pleased to be a reference. Our travels have taken us to many countries and each has been very interesting and has had it's own unique beauty. However, as Canadians, nothing can compare to our visit to eastern Newfoundland--you certainly planned a cultural experience that made us feel immersed in Canadian culture. You asked what makes your trip plans different from other companies:
1. The location of each of the houses is so unique--each place offers a very different experience in its scenery, activities, and people and each place was so homey and decorated so that we felt we were part of that era.
2. Your suggestions as to itinerary are just that; great suggestions. We chose freely from your travel planner and not once did we feel that we should have done more as we were thoroughly satisfied with the activity or activities we had chosen. We felt that each day was a day well spent and enjoyed.
3. Each neighbourhood had so much to offer and all the neighbours are so welcoming that we felt we belonged. They answered questions, told directions, told us about the history of the areas, about the fishing history and seemed genuinely interested in us. We know the BBQ was just good timing but we will never forget it--to be invited to be part of something that is for the people who live there was one of the things that sets you apart. You must know that you have a treasure in Elizabeth--her welcome to the Sooley house in Heart's Delight was memorable--just like a good friend and neighbour arriving at the door with fresh muffins! And then, the lobster dinner (fantastic surprise), the kitchen party with Jordan's musical talent and meeting Elizabeth's mother, Mary and her sister Donna (another fantastic surprise--we love them all) When we got to Bonavista and couldn't find the key I did not hesitate to call Elizabeth for help--30 seconds later we were in the house. (There was no answer at Lloyd and Hazel's number and we were sorry not to have met them but we met so many other wonderful people on our walks around the Mockbeggar neighbourhood).
4. Finally, it is your attention to detail that made everything fall into place--you and your sister Sharon provided us with all the help we needed to make such a trip and we thank you. Your willingness to communicate through e-mail and telephone gave us a clear picture of everything. Your patience and willingness to write back and forth until we knew the answers we needed certainly sets you apart from the others. We are looking forward to hearing about the loyalty programme and who knows, maybe one day we'll meet you on the Segwun and we'll come back to your Muskoka dock for another Canadian experience:) Thanks again for everything, Ken. We wish you continued success in your very creative venture..."
Sincerely, John and Nancy Whyte, Ontario
"... The mystique of staying in different Newfoundland homes appealed to me... we began the circuit at chic Hipditch House in St. John's Battery neighbourhood where we were wowed by it's big harbour views, and moved on to a 1930's outport house in Heart's Delight, before we bedded down at our last stop, a 19th century fisherman's home in Bonavista. It was exactly the unscripted experience we were looking for when we signed on with CapeRace Cultural Adventures... "
Shelly McCarron, Canadian Living Magazine
"... We have traveled to China, Italy, Japan, Hawaii, etc, etc. This was the best trip we have ever had! Our group ranged from 7 years old to 68 years old. Everyone loved it. The kids never complained of boredom. We loved all the houses (everything was in perfect shape) and all the people we met. The scenery was amazing and your recommendations for things to see and do were great. Thanks so much..."
Pam Nowina, Co-Chair, Ontario Hydro Board , Ontario, Canada