Hare’s Ears Cottage- Outer Battery Village, St. John’s
Conde Nast Traveler, Feb 2016, calls the Outer Battery Village "Most Beautiful Place in Canada..."
Stay at the most Easterly Guest House in North America
- Property owned and managed by CapeRace Cultural Adventures
- Outer Battery Village in the cliffs directly on the Signal Hill trail system
- Ten minute walk from St. John's downtown core
- Shares property line with Signal Hill National Park
- Contemporary decor in an artisan craftsman atmosphere
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms. 2 queens + 2 twins
- Expansive kitchen with bar + deck and barbecue
- Ground floor studio with separate entrance; 3rd bed, 2nd bath with shower, 2nd full kitchen
- Fully equipped with Internet, cable TV and laundry facilities
- Featured in Romantic Homes Magazine and over ten times in HOUZZ, leading magazine for design enthusiasts and architects
- Sweeping views of the city and harbour
View our Adventures
"Sunny yellow, cherry red, turquoise blue—St. Johns’ pop-art-colored houses, collectively known as Jellybean Row, look especially awe-inspiring clustered in the cliffs of this atmosphere-drenched coastal neighborhood just outside downtown..." Condé Nast Traveller, February 2016, profiling the Battery Village, St. John's.
This coastal home on St. John's harbour is the most easterly guest house in North America. It shares the property line with Signal Hill national park and has door-step access to the Signal Hill hiking and walking trails. Nestled in the cliffs of the popular Outer Battery Village, the house is just 30 feet from the ocean and one minute from the park, three minutes from downtown by car and twelve minutes by foot. It has a deck with gas bbq, panoramic views of the harbour & city skyline, and a southern exposure. The Outer Battery is one of the oldest neighbourhoods in the city and still maintains the look and feel of a small fishing village. Bald Eagles nesting near property. With an independent ground floor studio, it is configured for the multi-generational traveller and great for those who want the option of indepedence from their travelling companions.
- 2 minute walk to Fort Waldegrave Lookout
- 7 minute walk to downtown Sheraton Hotel
- 7 minute walk to Duckworth St. Restaurants
- 15 minute walk to Water St Shopping
- 15 minute walk to Duke of Duckworth Pub
- Ultra-comfortable beds, premium pillow top mattress
- 400+ thread-count Egyptian cotton bed linens
- Premium brand small kitchen appliances
- Fully-equiped laundry
- Professional pre-arrival cleaning
"We had an absolutely fantastic stay at Hare’s Ears Cottage! It is a beautifully appointed cottage with such a charming ambience. It has so much natural light and stunning views with the long wall of windows. The beds were super comfortable and the bathrooms were beautiful and clean. We loved this cottage and it’s very unique setting. Watching huge ships up close through the lovely length of windows travel into and out of the harbour through the narrows was amazing. Hiking the Signal Hill Trail which starts steps away from the cottage was great, with its stunning panoramic views of the area. We also hiked some other trails near St. John’s, including the one at Cape Spear early one morning to catch the awesome sunrise. We enjoyed many fantastic meals in St. John’s, and found it very easy to get around. We will forever cherish memories of our stay at Hare’s Ears Cottage and would be thrilled to be able to visit again..."
See the Fun Restoration Video>>