Hipditch House, Battery Village, St. John’s
Exclusively Yours. "... the house’s decor is blue, white and nautical, and staying here it’s hard not to feel like a spoiled kid in a sailor suit"... renowned author Joel Yanofsky writes about his stay at Hipditch House...
- Beautiful ten minute walk from St. John's city centre
- Shares property line with Signal Hill National Park
- Located on the Signal Hill trail system
- Contemporary decor in a coastal cottage atmosphere
- Expansive kitchen with bar + deck and barbecue
- Three bedrooms + kitchen daybed
- Sweeping views of the city and harbour
- Fully equipped with Internet, cable TV and laundry facilities
- References from the Lonely Planet & National Geographic
- Featured in Canadian Home & Country Magazine
- Featured over five times in Houzz, the leading magazine for design enthusiasts and architects
View our Adventures
"Sunny yellow, cherry red, turquoise blue—St. Johns’ pop-art-colored houses, collectively known as Jellybean Row, look especially awe-inspiring clustered in the cliffs of this atmosphere-drenched coastal neighborhood just outside downtown..." Condé Nast Traveler, February 2016, and calls the Battery the most "Beautiuful Place in Canada..."
The Battery is a culturally rich neighbourhood in St. John's and retains the look and character of a 19th century fishing village despite its city location. Hipditch House is a coastal home on St. John's harbour and shares the property line with Signal Hill national park. You will be staying in the best location in the City. It has door-step access to the Signal Hill hiking and walking trails. Nestled in the cliffs of the Battery Village, Hipditch House is just three minutes from downtown by car and ten minutes by foot. It has a deck with panoramic views of the harbour and city skyline along with a southern exposure that provides sunshine all day long with fantastic sunsets in the evening. The house is over 100 years old and has been restored to a quirky coastal theme. It has been featured in numerous design and lifestyle magazines which can be seen in the NEWS section of our website.
- 2 minute walk to Fort Waldegrave Lookout
- 7 minute walk to downtown Sheraton Hotel
- 7 minute walk to Duckworth St. Restaurants
- 10 minute walk to Water St Shopping
- 15 minute walk to Duke of Duckworth Pub
- Ultra-comfortable beds, premium pillow top mattress
- 400+ thread-count Egyptian cotton bed linens
- Premium brand small kitchen appliances
- Fully-equiped laundry
- Professional pre-arrival cleaning
See the Fun Restoration Video>>
"...The Best Seat In The Harbour. The jaw dropping view, the quiet serenity, the glorious deck, and the beautiful winding paths all add up to a stay that has to be experienced to believe. Here is the resting place for the weary jet lagged modern soul. A trip that feeds head and heart..." Al Rae, Artistic Director, Canadian Broadcasting Corp., Winnipeg Comedy Festival
"...Hipditch House was love at first site. I spent an amazing week in St John's because accommodations were perfect! I am very well-travelled and can truthfully say that not a detail was missed or overlooked in the quality of my comfort, safety and entertainment at the Hipditch House. The location of the house in a neighbourhood called the Battery, which overlooks the harbour and city scape, was what sold me completely because it is literally a 10 min walk to all the best places: Signal Hill, The Battery Cafe, the Hot Yoga studio, the coolest gourmet grocery store, restaurants and pubs, shopping, galleries, breweries you name it. The changing views of the harbour from day to nighttime were equally magical. The owner of the CapeRace Newfoundland Adventures tour company, Ken Sooley, took the time to give me guidance and advice about what to do and where to go with the Hipditch house as my base. It was perfect! I needed an easy smooth week where I could relax and do things at my own pace and enjoy as much as possible and this was it! Many thanks to Ken and his Dream Team for creating such a wonderful space in the best area of St John's for others to enjoy..."