CapeRace CULINARY & Fogo Island Inn - 7 Days
Conde Nast Traveler, Feb 2016, calls the Outer Battery Village "Most Beautiful Place in Canada..."
Stay at the most Easterly Guest House in North America
- Property owned and managed by CapeRace Cultural Adventures
- Outer Battery Village in the cliffs directly on the Signal Hill trail system
- Ten minute walk from St. John's downtown core
- Shares property line with Signal Hill National Park
- Contemporary decor in an artisan craftsman atmosphere
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms. 2 queens + 2 twins
- Expansive kitchen with bar + deck and barbecue
- Ground floor studio with separate entrance; 3rd bed, 2nd bath with shower, 2nd full kitchen
- Fully equipped with Internet, cable TV and laundry facilities
- Sweeping views of the city and harbour
- Featured in Romantic Homes Magazine and HOUZZ, leading magazine for design enthusiasts and architects
This is a lodge with a soul, filled with the handiwork of the local people: traditional outport furniture, handcrafted quilts, and woven rugs—once-disappearing arts now given new life and purpose.
The Fogo Island Inn is the culmination of a major community revitalization project. The building’s rugged minimalist architecture balances traditional influences with a contemporary sensibility, which architect Todd Saunders has made and built just for Fogo. A cultural destination in its own right where visitors and locals meet, the Inn includes an art gallery, heritage library, cinema and rooftop sauna. Each of the 29 guest rooms is unique, with every detail chosen with purpose and handcrafted by locals.
The Inn is a great feat of contemporary architecture, all stilts, angles, and vertical lines that contrast with the rough slabs of ancient granite that surround it. But as much as it might stand out in its setting, the inn is integrally part of Fogo Island. This is a lodge with a soul, filled with the handiwork of the local people: traditional outport furniture, handcrafted quilts, and woven rugs—once-disappearing arts now given new life and purpose.