CapeRace CULINARY & Fogo Island Inn - 7 Days
Conde Nast Traveler, Feb 2016, calls the Outer Battery Village "Most Beautiful Place in Canada..."
Stay at the most Easterly Guest House in North America
- Property owned and managed by CapeRace Cultural Adventures
- Outer Battery Village in the cliffs directly on the Signal Hill trail system
- Ten minute walk from St. John's downtown core
- Shares property line with Signal Hill National Park
- Contemporary decor in an artisan craftsman atmosphere
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms. 2 queens + 2 twins
- Expansive kitchen with bar + deck and barbecue
- Ground floor studio with separate entrance; 3rd bed, 2nd bath with shower, 2nd full kitchen
- Fully equipped with Internet, cable TV and laundry facilities
- Sweeping views of the city and harbour
- Featured in Romantic Homes Magazine and HOUZZ, leading magazine for design enthusiasts and architects
This is a lodge with a soul, filled with the handiwork of the local people: traditional outport furniture, handcrafted quilts, and woven rugs...
The Fogo Island Inn is the culmination of a major community revitalization project. The building’s rugged minimalist architecture balances traditional influences with a contemporary sensibility, which architect Todd Saunders has made and built just for Fogo. A cultural destination in its own right where visitors and locals meet, the Inn includes an art gallery, heritage library, cinema and rooftop sauna. Each of the 29 guest rooms is unique, with every detail chosen with purpose and handcrafted by locals.
CapeRace Newfoundland Adventures is the only boutique tour operator that intgerates a stay at the Fogo Island Inn with unique congruent travel experiences around the island. From packaged culinary adventures to custom eco-focussed experiences we can deliver the perfect trip to meet you and your family's travel style. Arrive first in the vibrant city of St. John's, then travel overland by car to the Fogo Island Inn. Or, after your stay at Fogo Island Inn venture on to Gros Morne National Park. Or ask us we think about your ideas.
You can see our Fogo Island Inn travel experiences here: Fogo Island Travel Packages>> Important to note-- we can customize any of our trips you see displayed. We have a reseller contract with the Inn that allows us to offer complimentary room upgrades and early check-in and check out.
The Inn is a great feat of contemporary architecture, all stilts, angles, and vertical lines that contrast with the rough slabs of ancient granite that surround it. But as much as it might stand out in its setting, the Inn is integrally part of Fogo Island. This is a lodge with a soul, filled with the handiwork of the local people: traditional outport furniture, handcrafted quilts, and woven rugs—once-disappearing arts now given new life and purpose.